Text as bitmaps not functioning since update

Posted on
  • Hi there, I recently updated all my apps on my Banglejs2 and it looks to have broken the text as bitmaps functionality. I had previously been getting notifications with Japanese text and emojis with no issues. I only update my apps every few weeks, so there were several things updated at the same time - messages, android integration, maybe firmware - I'm unsure.

Current firmware version is 2v18, DFU is 2v12.

Is this by chance a known problem? Or does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to get the text as bitmap functionality working again?

• I just checked here and this does work for me with the latest apps...

What actually happens? Is there garbled text, or nothing at all?

Please could you go to Gadgetbridge on your phone, then Debug, type a message in with Japanese chars and press Send? If you can reproduce, please can you paste in the characters you sent so I can try here?

Going further you could enable 'Write Log' in settings, then send the message to the watch, then 'share log' and post it to me at gw@pur3.co.uk (best to keep it private as it would contain the contents of any notifications received since 'write log' was enabled). Then I could test here but also see if any errors were reported by the watch

• Hi there! Sorry, I should have said. Each individual character shows up as a question mark on the screen.

I sent these characters through the gadgetbridge debug menu as a test:

日本語テストてすと

And it returns nine question marks.

I've got the write log, emailing it to you shortly. Cheers!

• If anyone else has this issue, I got it to work by uninstalling and reinstalling GadgetBridge. Dunno why it helped but it did.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Text as bitmaps not functioning since update

Posted by Avatar for DavSlinker @DavSlinker

Actions