Bangle 2 colors flipped?

Posted on
  • Last night, my watch seems to have changed from dark to light theme. However, when i go to settings, the themes seem to have flipped internally.
    When i select dark theme, the background is white.
    When i select light theme, the background is black.
    When i try to change color in the custom theme, i see the selected color in the menu, the watch vibrates when i change it, but the display does not update.
    Firmware 2v12.27

• Firmware update seems to have fixed the issue, except for the menu.

• i see the selected color in the menu, the watch vibrates when i change it, but the display does not update.

Maybe try Settings->Utils->rewrite settings and see if that helps.

If you were on pre-2v12 before then this could occur, and while 2v12 fixed it, if it has happened before you'd have to 'rewrite settings' to fix it

• I experienced this yesterday, after updating from 2v12.27 to 2v12.31... Fixed by a reboot.

• Happened again tonight. When I checked this morning, the clock had stopped at 22:21, colours were inverted.
    The theme was still set to dark. I could change the color of the custom theme, but they were all inverted.
    Everything was back to normal after a reboot.

• I had a look at the LPM013M126C datasheet, and there is a color inversion mode that would cause exactly this behaviour (mentioned on page 19 of the linked document).
    Maybe this is a communication issue? In that case, maybe we should forcibly reset the color inversion flag on every g.reset()

• I can confirm this. It happened to me as well.
    All colors were inverted. Could only be fixed by a reboot.

• 1+

• Yes, it sure sounds like the LCD is somehow getting the colour inversion command then.

@myxor @user140701 when did this happen to you? Was it during a restart of the Bangle, or did it somehow occur in normal use?

I guess we could send the display non-inverted flag every time it updates the display, but it'd add a bit of overhead and I'm not seeing this issue on devices I have here (I think I had two when updating the firmware via SWD - but as soon as they rebooted they were fixed).

• Hi Gordon it happened suddenly while wearing

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Bangle 2 colors flipped?

Posted by Avatar for RaoulDuke @RaoulDuke

Actions