Compiling Espruino myself

Posted on
  • I wanted the SD-card compiled in for my stm32f4discovery-board. On the forum I found this link: http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/­252934/

I followed the instructions. The build went fine. At least, I got a .bin-file. The file flashed succesfully onto the board. When I try to connect with the webIDE to the board, it stays searching. It does not matter if I use the 1V72 or the 1v71 version of Espruino. I can't figureout what I am doing wrong.

Is there someone who can help me out?

Frysk

• I'm not sure what to suggest... Have you tried adding power while holding BTN1 down? That should stop Espruino loading any saved code from an incompatible version (which could have been what stopped it from working). If that works, just log in and type save() to save blank saved code straight onto the board again.

And I guess you've had it working before, so you'd know it needs both USB plugs plugged in?

I don't think I can help much more though. All I'd say is if you want a reliable SD card, use the Espruino board. It's tested and works well :)

• Thanks for your reply.
    I even compiled a fresh Espruino without the SD-card stuff. And all so with this version there was no /dev/ttyACM0. I tried everything you suggested.
    Then a little bel began to ring: I use Launchpad GCC for other projects, but I realized it was a little old, so I download the latest version, build and flashed my own Espruino: Succes.
    In the next day I will try the SD-card filesystem.

Frysk

• Great! Thanks for letting me know!

• The SD-card filesystem works also.
    Mayby you can make a note in the readme file what version of GCC to use.

Frysk

• So you're still using the version of GCC from Launchpad - it's just that you were using an older version before?

• Yes, version 4.8.3 didn't work for me. The version I use now is 4.9.3

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Compiling Espruino myself

Posted by Avatar for Frysk @Frysk

Actions