• A couple weeks ago I stumbled across the Intel Edison, purchased the mini breakout kit and in a few days the kit arrived. I've been playing around with the Intel Edison and its quite nice, but I haven't hooked anything electronic wise to it such as sensors and etc....

I've been using the Espruino for sensor readings and a 4d 4.3" touch screen for the sensor read outs. I've gotten so far into my project I rather NOT get rid of the Espruino so I though maybe I can utilize the Espruino and the Intel Edison together by communicating between the Espruino and the Intel Edison using UART. My idea is to use the Espruino for the lcd and sensors; use the Intel Edison for the wifi, encryption and server.

The one thing I dislike about the Intel Edison is that it only accepts 1.8v. So, I will need a logic level converter between the Espruino serial port and Intel Edison serial port which I have absolutely no idea which logic level converter to purchase. Can anyone please recommend a logic level converter to purchase that will work with serial port logic?

Thanks!

• Hi,

You could always just connect via USB I guess?

I'm afraid I'm not sure about logic level converters though. You could probably get away with connecting Edison's TX to Espruino's RX and using a potential divider for the voltage going the other way. There is a 40k pull-up to 3.3v inside Espruino's RX, but I doubt that would cause edison any problems (and it could be turned off in software).

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Espruino + Intel Edison = Awesomeness && Logic Level question....

Posted by Avatar for d0773d @d0773d

Actions