• Hi - thanks for posting! Where did you find the baud rate of 1600000? I've tried to update everything but I might have missed one of the tutorials?

I know about BGR/RGB - I'll have to update the graphics driver so it has it as an option. It seems to be one of the other random differences between WS2811 and WS2812.

The graphics library is loosely modelled on Java's. I found when writing code (drawing to LCDs) that I spent a lot of time drawing stuff using the same colour - so setColor actually makes a lot of sense. I guess I could try and detect when setPixel was called without an argument and use the foreground colour as you say - it might make a lot of sense.

Also, if you're planning on just changing pixels (and not using any of the draw functions) you might be better off modifying and sending the raw arraybuffer...

There's a bit of info on powering the board here: http://www.espruino.com/EspruinoBoard

But basically: the 'Bat' pins on the header are connected to USB via a diode, so you can power Espruino from them while USB is plugged in. However if you power it with less than 5v then the diode will mean that USB ends up powering the pins anyway.

Just don't plug a battery into the battery connector while powering from the pin headers, as you'll end up charging the battery from them :)

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started