You are reading a single comment by @b4ux1t3 and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • SO, I've been playing around with my Espruino for a few days now, and I finally came up with a cool idea for a project. Without going into detail about it (it would bore you to tears), I need a programmable HID (human interface device) board to drive, well, a human interface.

I was going to buy an Arduino Micro since I know for a fact that it supports being a HID natively, with no extraneous boards or wiring. However, I then realized that it can also function as a COM device and. . .well, so can the Espruino!

So I've done a bit of Googling, but I can't seem to find a direct answer. So, here it goes:

Can the Espruino in particular (or, more generally, any device that can function as a COM USB device) act as a native HID, like the Arduino Micro can?

I should mention that though I am a fairly advanced programmer, I am still pretty new to microcontrollers, particularly when interfacing more than one device.

About

Avatar for b4ux1t3 @b4ux1t3 started