b4ux1t3

Member since Aug 2014 • Last active Feb 2015
  • 1 conversations
  • 3 comments

Most recent activity

• 12 comments
  • in Interfacing

I appreciate the replies! I'll take a look at the git to see if there's anything I can contribute, but I'm certainly not the best at writing driver software.

• in Interfacing

SO, I've been playing around with my Espruino for a few days now, and I finally came up with a cool idea for a project. Without going into detail about it (it would bore you to tears), I need a programmable HID (human interface device) board to drive, well, a human interface.

I was going to buy an Arduino Micro since I know for a fact that it supports being a HID natively, with no extraneous boards or wiring. However, I then realized that it can also function as a COM device and. . .well, so can the Espruino!

So I've done a bit of Googling, but I can't seem to find a direct answer. So, here it goes:

Can the Espruino in particular (or, more generally, any device that can function as a COM USB device) act as a native HID, like the Arduino Micro can?

I should mention that though I am a fairly advanced programmer, I am still pretty new to microcontrollers, particularly when interfacing more than one device.

• in Projects

Hey Gordon, just wanted to let you know that you can indeed do it like you said, spray painting the board, burning away the paint, and then etching as normal.

Ben Heck (Google him, do it, he's amazing) used that method in his PCB etching episode

, and apparently it's a really reliable way to get crisp etchings.

Actions