1. Higher voltage will result in higher current, and thus more torque - HOWEVER a 9V battery can't put out as much current as a AA battery will, so you might not get 9V under load (depends on how much current the batteries draw). While the Espruino will be fine with that on Vbat (make sure the L293D doesn't put that full voltage onto any of the pins of the Espruino - I don't expect it would though), but I don't know on the motors (they probably will be okay, but they might not be, particularly if you're heavily loading down the motor.

2. Yeah, I mean like the second one you linked to. Except purchased on ebay for one tenth the price with free shipping (for the identical item). http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-DC-Adjustable­-Step-up-boost-Power-Converter-Module-XL­6009-Replace-LM2577-/310717070508?pt=LH_­DefaultDomain_0&hash=item48582e3cac Search term for that was "Adjustable boost converter"; I'd get more than one. All it takes is a momentary short circuit to let the smoke out of those cheap converters.

3. You could use two LiPo batteries in series (a so called 2S configuration). That battery is a single cell battery rated at 2C (That is, it can be discharged at a rate sufficient to discharge the battery in half of an hour, in the case of that battery, that means 4A). It still only puts out 4.2V full charge (~3.7 for most of it's discharge cycle).

About

Avatar for DrAzzy @DrAzzy started