You are reading a single comment by @DrAzzy and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Presently, nobody's written an Espruino driver for a PH meter.

Someone will need to write the code to interface with it (hopefully as a module) - that could be you (I wrote a few of the modules, some of them only shortly after discovering microcontrollers in general - it's not particularly hard or anything, at least for cooperative hardware).

Read the datasheets/specs for the modules to see how you have to interface with them - this gives you an idea of how easy it would be to write that module. If it's just an analog output, it's trivial - all you need to do is whatever mathematical manipulations the datasheet/specs tell you to. If it's I2C, the module will probably be straightforward to write. SPI is a bit harder to work with, but nothing too awful. Things that use custom digital protocols (like the DHT11) are not as agreeable.

Also, things that have arduino libraries are much easier to write drivers for, because you have working driver code to crib from. Some of the modules were clearly the result of copy-pasting arduino code (probably using an editor with JS highlighting) and converting that way, rather than writing code from scratch.

For what it's worth, the first result I saw on ebay ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/Analog-PH-Probe-­Sensor-Shield-and-PH-Probe-Kit-For-Ardui­no-Compatible-/181341515761?pt=LH_Defaul­tDomain_0&hash=item2a38cbeff1 ) has analog output and the measuring process looks trivial.

About

Avatar for DrAzzy @DrAzzy started