You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • log file

The issue is it's a dump of the text that would have been output over Bluetooth to a VT100 terminal emulator (including backspace chars and maybe even escape codes). Definitely making the IDE render it as text if it's just backspace would be a big improvement though - I'm not sure how far we could/should go ignoring extra chars though.

storage file listing

Originally we did load all the filenames into memory and output them as JSON, but that changes years ago I think.

What clock/app do you have running? The IDE has a timeout for a response after it sends a query - most likely what's happened is you're running the IDE with your app running and your app is spending a long time doing something - so long that the IDE times out waiting for a response.

It looks like the text does start to be sent, but that maybe by the time it is all through the IDE has timed out... IIRC it has one timeout for when it gets the first response, and a longer one for the total time it waits...

it wants to add the string “ (StorageFile)”

Yes - this is more laziness in implementation I think. The text is added to the filename in the Storage window so you can see that the files are different (as this can be important), but then when saving the original filename should really be used.

Although... I have to juggle a lot of stuff with Espruino - it is literally just me working full time on this - and it's unlikely I'll get time to put in fixes for all this stuff. If you'd be willing to jump in and make some fixes, that'd be great - as with the app loader you can just fork the IDE and host your own copy with GitHub pages for development if that's easier than having a local server

the majority of Storage file handling is done in https://github.com/espruino/EspruinoWebI­DE/blob/master/js/plugins/storage.js and the actual (Storage file) text gets added in
    https://github.com/espruino/EspruinoWebI­DE/blob/master/js/plugins/storage.js#L35­8

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started