You are reading a single comment by @malaire and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Wanted to share the following observation and ask maybe other users to share their ppm value.

• Its about two bangle2 from kickstarter.
    • On my watch I did set the time beginning of May and noted the deviation about every week. There were rainy cold weeks and very warm ones like the last. Sometimes I did wear the watch all the time, other times not for several days.
    • For the watch of my wife I measured the deviation since a good week ago.

To my surprise all deviations were about 70 (+-2)ppm!
    So maybe temperature has not such a big influence?
    Is it a coincidence that the two watches do have such a similar constant - or were might this systematic deviation stem from? (which after all makes about a whole minute every 10 days)

And thanks for that widget. With so constant deviation we are looking forward to a pretty exact watch time in the future :-)

• So maybe temperature has not such a big influence?

It depends. ppm is most stable around 20°C - 30°C, so if you mostly keep watch in wrist or in room temperature then you don't see much difference in ppm. But if you wear watch in winter on top of clothing the difference can be large.

Here's graph of my Bangle 2 ppm from year ago:
    (horizontal scale is temperature in Celsius, vertical scale is ppm)

1 Attachment

• drift.png
  • Ah, ok, interesting, thanks!
    So looks like I am in that low curvature regime all the time indeed.
    (There were lower temperatures outside, but wearing bangle it probably still stayed above 20°)

About

Avatar for malaire @malaire started