possibilities and potentials of bangle.js.

Posted on
  • Hello everyone, I'm completely new here, and would like to ask about the possibilities and potentials of bangle.js.

Ultimately, what I'd like is a smartwatch that can monitor 24/7
    The data I'd like to collect includes HR, body temperature and SP02

HR, and even HRV, is already possible (apps available) and even a psuedo-breathing app has been created (not sure how it works unless just using HR data).

According to imminent changes (https://hackaday.io/project/175577-hacka­ble-nrf52840-smart-watch) temperature will soon be possible, but I'm not sure if this will allow body temperature, or just ambient?

And while Sp02 is not included, I am wondering if there is not a puck, or some other way to connect an external Sp02 sensor, perhaps on the other side of the wrist, even if just testing intermittently, and still pass this data through the watch to the data store. I think I saw an app saving data to a google sheet, which would be fine.

Are these goals achievable with a bangle? Is it possible to connect external devices for collection of more/different data?

Thanks for any insights, advice, links, recommendations.

• I'm not sure if this will allow body temperature, or just ambient?

It's just ambient.

Sp02 is not included

The Bangle.js 2 sensor can handle Blood Pressure - hopefully I'll be able to expose that eventually (if not right at the start), but if you can find a Bluetooth SpO2 sensor you can totally interface to that on the Bangle and save the data from it.

While it's often painful to physically connect a sensor, it's very easy to connect via Bluetooth LE, so you can either find things off the shelf, or could even make something with for instance a Bluetooth module like http://www.espruino.com/MDBT42Q

• Current shop page for purchasing a watch does not state which sensor, but does not show blood pressure, so when will the sensor 2 be available?

• There'll be a new shop page for the Bangle.js 2 when it is released. I don't yet have a solid date for the full release but I'm hoping to make some developer units available in a few weeks.

The Bangle.js 2 uses a Vcare VC31, but it's not a well documented sensor. I don't want to make a point of advertising the blood pressure sensing until I'm sure it works reliably though.

• Really old thread but did you ever get the blood pressure sensing to work?

• I didn't try, however it should be possible to increase the HRM polling frequency and then look at the HRM-raw values. It's just finding a decent algorithm, which I guess just looks at the rising and falling times.

However a friend with an expensive Samsung sports watch had to calibrate his readings using a proper external blood pressure sensor before the watch was happy to give him values, so I do wonder about the reliability of readings if they're not calibrated.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

possibilities and potentials of bangle.js.

Posted by Avatar for user129232 @user129232

Actions