You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • How does the current Puck.js firmware adapt to the different puck versions that are around or handle the situation if sensors are missing?

It scans for which I2C magnetometer is connected at startup and figures out which version it is. As long as it gets that right, other stuff will work even if one device is missing. Even if that fails the rest of the non-I2C device functionality will work.

I'll make the firmware function on Puck.js Lite, but likely I'll make a new build for it which will leave a bit more space for Storage.

Or does it make way more sense to compile a custom firmware?

It probably makes more sense to do a custom firmware. If you have no external hardware, just use the MDBT42 firmware though

• It scans for which I2C magnetometer is connected at startup and figures out which version it >is. As long as it gets that right, other stuff will work even if one device is missing. Even if that >fails the rest of the non-I2C device functionality will work.

Thank you! That's a clever way of solving the version problem, but it means for me that I have to mount a magnetometer :). Maybe I'll wait till June and just buy a 2.1 because the whole project is converging towards the existing versions anyway lol

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started