Device Connection Failed,

Posted on
  • When I try to connect to my banglejs 2, I get this error in the App loader. Here's the console log:

========================================­=====
    comms.js:3 Type 'Puck.debug=3' for full BLE debug info
    comms.js:4 ========================================­=====
    espruinotools.js:4909 GET window.localStorage = null
    espruinotools.js:51 Initialising Notifications
    espruinotools.js:51 Initialising Status
    espruinotools.js:51 Initialising Utils
    espruinotools.js:51 Initialising Config
    espruinotools.js:51 Initialising Serial
    espruinotools.js:51 Initialising CodeWriter
    espruinotools.js:51 Initialising Modules
    espruinotools.js:51 Initialising Env
    espruinotools.js:51 Initialising Assembler
    espruinotools.js:51 Initialising GetGitHub
    espruinotools.js:51 Initialising CoreModules
    espruinotools.js:51 Initialising Pretokenise
    espruinotools.js:51 Initialising SaveOnSend
    espruinotools.js:51 Initialising SetTime
    puck.js:212 Web Bluetooth is experimental on this platform. See https://github.com/WebBluetoothCG/web-bl­uetooth/blob/main/implementation-status.­md
    puck.js:406 <BLE> Device Name:       Bangle.js b9bb
    puck.js:406 <BLE> Device ID:         m9YTa65/hhzfJ2e9ObOexg==
    puck.js:406 <BLE> Connected
    puck.js:406 <BLE> ERROR: NotFoundError: No Services matching UUID 6e400001-b5a3-f393-e0a9-e50e24dcca9e found in Device.
    puck.js:406 <BLE> Disconnected (gattserverdisconnected)
    ui.js:86 <TOAST>[error] Device connection failed, 

Sometimes, the logs only get to the puck.js:406 BLE Connected part, and the "Getting app list" at the bottom hangs at 0%. I do not know how this is triggered, and I haven't figured out how to affect it.
    INFO
    The watch is on the newest version (as of now), 2v13.
    I also cannot use any other device to upload code (or apps) to the bangle js.
    However, I can use nRF Connect to flash new firmware.
    When I received the watch two days ago, I was able to upload code to it, and I haven't been able to since today. I don't remember installing any apps that might affect this, except the iOS integration app, which I've deleted with no effect. I have tried different instances of chromium, and a separate live linux system (mint) with no change.
    Thanks in advance!

• Hi - please can you try resetting the Bangle without loading code? https://www.espruino.com/Bangle.js2#rese­tting-without-loading-any-code

Just in case there is some code that disabled the Bluetooth UART service...

Also it's worth disabling and re-enabling Bluetooth on whatever device you're using to connect. You mentioned the iOS integration app, and I know iOS devices in particular cache the characteristics from BLE devices, so if they were connecting to a device and then the device changed (eg by adding iOS Integration) it'd be totally thrown until you restarted Bluetooth.

Also, did you then pair the Bangle with your iOS phone? If so the phone will now be automatically connecting via Bluetooth and stopping you connecting with any other device.

• Hi,
    Thanks for responding so quickly! Trying to start it without loading any code worked, but it unfortunately still doesn't connect or change anything. I removed the bangle js connection from the iPhone, but this doesn't seem to help. However, when booting, under the bangle js logo, there is a message: -> Bluetooth. I'm assuming that means the debug console is being sent to a bluetooth device? When I disconnect the bluetooth module from my computer, it doesn't appear anymore.

• Alright, I seem to have figured it out. Once reconnecting the bluetooth module to my computer, I can now connect to the bangle js. It seems completely restarting everything and removing the bluetooth entry in the iPhone fixed my problem. I'm honestly not sure why this didn't work before, but thank you for your help!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Device Connection Failed,

Posted by Avatar for drones_flier @drones_flier

Actions