• Okay, so just as I posted this I logged onto a family member's laptop to help them with something and had the bright idea to try uploading the latest firmware on there. (:

The laptop runs Windows 10 and I used Google Chrome. It worked first time with no issues. Wish I'd thought of trying that before I made this post.

Anyway, I'm still curious if anyone has any ideas about why the firmware upload failed originall on my laptop and on my phone. I don't really fancy using Windows or Chrome or someone else's device to update the firmware every time (but at least I know it works if I have no other alternative).

Anyone here have any luck updating the firmware using Chromium or Chromium based browsers on Fedora or Android? Or would anyone using Android or Fedora be willing to test it out to see if they can get it to work?

My phone is a Pixel which runs the latest version of GrapheneOS in case that is also relevant.

Sorry for the long post so far. I find this all so frustrating and interesting all at once, so I can't help but get carried away :)

About