• Nice!

Edit3: Is cutting edge 2v12 or stable 2v13 the latest build?

Edit2: Disregard the following. I haven't really tested it on firmware 2v13 yet.

I actually made a rudimentary Graffiti clone as well after seeing you reference it and onedollar in another thread, but for me I didn't get it to reliably recognize what I wanted to type. I wonder if maybe the touch points aren't updated quickly enough to trace the gesture/shape I'm doing (I had the trace of the swiping input displayed while testing and it was hard to repeatedly draw very accurate/precise shapes). Or maybe it's the relative large area of a finger on the small screen that's the culprit. My feeling is the former would be the largest contributor though. Trying "Swipe keyboard" my experience is the same.

After installing "Touch keyboard" and loading your three line code snippet via the web ide I get
    "Module textinput not found" and "Uncaught Error: Unhandled promise rejection: Error: Unknown UI mode". The app starts on the watch, but the string "Foo" is not updated on touch. (I got the same messages with Swipe keyboard, but the input was recognized in that case). EDIT1: After I just updated firmware from 2v12 to 2v13 Touch keyboard now works as well.

I don't quite understand this instruction on github: "In your app's metadata, add: "dependencies": {"textinput":"type"}," . Is it to be put inside the curly brackets in a .info file? Also, is the order "textinput":"type" correct?

About

Avatar for Ganblejs @Ganblejs started