• Do you have the Pretokenise apps before upload option enabled in the app loader's more... tab? if it's not on, enabling it would help.

I've just made some changes - please can you try uploading 'bootloader' to the latest from the development app loader.

Basically it looks like the original Bluetooth HRM code has now expanded in size to the point where it's causing memory usage problems creating the boot file on Bangle.js 1. The original code was 80 lines, and it's now up to 550!

@halemmerich is it possible there's some stuff in there that we don't really need that we could make smaller or strip out? I know it does loads of stuff now, but I feel like most people only use the basics, so if it's not going to be usable on Bangle.js 1 maybe we need to provide a stripped-down version as well? Or maybe I guess we store all the code in a different file so it's not added to the boot code.

But... it seems the main issue here was actually the bootloader updater was trying to keep all the data for the '.boot0' file in RAM before writing it, and with the big boot file in bthrm it was just too much (perhaps alongside other apps you had installed?).

I've hopefully fixed that now, but if .boot.js files get any bigger it's possible we'll have issues further down the line.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started