You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi,

I couldn't use the screen to read a note in the dark let alone navigate a room as the app doc suggests.

The app may be talking about the Bangle.js 1 screen there. The Bangle.js 2 backlight is definitely a lot darker than Bangle.js 1 - it's nowhere near an actual torch. The LCD is sunlight readable so the backlight is really there for when there's not enough ambient light to read the display, so much like on an ebook it won't even be that noticeable in sunlight.

As @myownself says:

I can only speak for myself, but in even fairly low light the screen is readable without the backlight.

Are you saying you're having trouble reading it in daytime when there is for example enough light to adequately read a book?

Please could you try the steps here for restarting without loading code? https://www.espruino.com/Bangle.js2#reseĀ­tting-without-loading-any-code

You can just long-press again to return to normal, but following those steps will disable all running code and leave the backlight turned on and at full brightness, so you can see what the maximum is.

Maybe you could take a picture of it with the backlight on so we can get some idea what you mean?

We do test all the Bangles here before sending them out so I'd be surprised if yours had a bad backlight and slipped through testing.

• Ok, I followed all of the steps. It is not any brighter. I can see that walking out into the sunshine that I can see it. Unfortunately, I work indoors, in an office building.

I tried HughB's suggestion below and add the daisy clock. Nice looking and functional clock. I took this photo in the same light condition as he described, back to a north facing window. It does appear to be as bright as in his photo. I did, however, notice my sunset is way off though my local is set correctly and the clock is correct. I'll look for another post that might address that.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started