You are reading a single comment by @Numerist and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @malaire this was more a curiosity for me because I haven't noticed click drift large enough to personally care about, but I was thinking you could do something with this to make measuring the drift easier for use in your widget... maybe press a button, it sets the bangle time to computer time and puts a timestamp in a cookie or local storage, then the user can come back at a later point and press another button to calculate the drift? I don't know how long you need to reliably determine the drift, perhaps it could be done without storing anything at all?

Edit: if you made it that easy, you could probably convince people to contribute their clock drifts and you could work out what the range is across bangles.

• Having used the beta of widadjust and the above-mentioned web page to check the time, I've probably come as close as I can to determining my watch's drift and fixing it. I'm still experimenting with a few details.

I'm surprised that others haven't commented on drift. It would be useful to know other estimates of that.

About

Avatar for Numerist @Numerist started