You are reading a single comment by @Alessandro and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Will the user be able to modify Bangle's settings from Banglebridge?

They'll be able to use the App Loader and the various 'customiser'/'interface' tools in there initially.

Someone asked this before, and right now anyone can write a 'Settings' tool for the App Loader that allowed you to set settings on the phone. But I think at the moment it's just going to mean a bunch more duplicate code to maintain and keep in sync, and I'm not really sure it's that useful... When the menu system gets easier to use I think less people will see the need for it.

... having said that you could theoretically replace E.showMenu on the watch with one that forward menu entries to the phone, and then run the original Settings app - so basically the whole set of Bangle.js options would appear on the phone screen. At least then there's not duplicate code. While PRs are always welcome, it's not high up my personal priority list I'm afraid

• They'll be able to use the App Loader and the various 'customiser'/'interface' tools in there initially.

Excellent :-)

When the menu system gets easier to use I think less people will see the need for it.

The new menu system is great but there are things I wish I could also do via app (add recurring alarms, timers, change Wake on X, etc. on the fly) but I understand it's not a priority, no problem.

having said that you could theoretically replace E.showMenu on the watch with one that forward menu entries to the phone, and then run the original Settings app - so basically the whole set of Bangle.js options would appear on the phone screen. At least then there's not duplicate code.

This is interesting. I could work on it when I get more familiar with code :-)

About

Avatar for Alessandro @Alessandro started