• Hi, thanks for the feedback!

The watch has a tendency to disconnect from Gadgetbridge occasionally and connect back after a while.

Have you been into your Android OS settings and made sure you disable 'Power Saving' for Gadgetbridge? That seems to be one of the big causes.

When Gadgetbridge established a connection information on the widget is shown correctly. It disappears once occasional disconnection accrues. Would it be possible to keep the last weather reading

We could do pretty easily I imagine, but I guess really the best bet is to fix the disconnection :)

I don't like this mechanism when I have to manually disconnect from the Gadgetbridge then connect to the page with the app loader

yes, I know. We should hopefully soon have a Gadgetbridge app modified specifically for Bangle.js and the plan is for this to have the app loader hosted inside it.

Initially it'll just solve the pain of disconnects, but I'd hope that eventually things like automatic GPX downloads (or at the very least the ability to import direct to Strava) would be implemented.

I am struggling to get any useful GPS information to use the watch like a tracker for cycling or running. Could you please help to troubleshoot this?

It seems what happened is the GPS lost signal at some point during your run. The Bangle kept storing values for heart rate, but did so without including track values. When exporting the track entries for lat/lon just got left empty - I think some track viewers are ok with this but obviously Osmand isn't.

I just fixed the 'Recorder' download app so it doesn't create entries with no GPS coordinates, so if you try re-downloading your tracks again I think you'll find they are fine now.

How should I use the recorder to get a proper track?

What you're doing is fine - and it should be sorted with the new updates.

I cannot replicate this problem but sometimes the watch freezes completely. It is probably started when I clicked "сompact storage"

Well, the good news is this is fixed in 2v12 - compact should no longer cause you any issues.

But the freezing may be due to a file that's got corrupted on the Bangle. You may be able to fix it by going into the app loader and then uninstalling and reinstalling every app, but probably the best solution is to 'Install default apps' on it as you say. Once you've done that you should be in a position where you don't have to do it any more.

• Sorry for the intrusion...

We should hopefully soon have a Gadgetbridge app modified specifically for Bangle.js

Could you elaborate? The new app will be a Gadgetbridge without non-Bangle stuff?
    I'm a Java/Kotlin developer (although not an Android expert) and I'd like to help in my free time.

and the plan is for this to have the app loader hosted inside it.

That's what I was hoping for, great! :-)

About

Avatar for Alessandro @Alessandro started