You are reading a single comment by @Fteacher and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Re-reviewing the run app and more various feedbacks on running with Bjs2.

GPS: I downloaded agps and went out for a gps fix. It got it within 15 seconds, while doing warm up (moving the arms), awesome ! I started the recorder app, but it was out of gps for a few minutes of the run. Therefore the results are biased. I ran 8.295kms with the Garmin watch and 8.127kms with the bjs2. I'll try again.
    BT HRM: I used a bthrm (polar), the bjs2 and the garmin watch (no wrist hrm). There's a concurrent use of the Polar ! The bjs2 clearly took over and had access to the bthrm during the whole run, whereas my garmin struggled to connect to it once in a few minutes (whereas it usually connects without any issue).
    The recorder app Recorded my track. I couldn't download the track from the app loader before deleting the previous other runs (see attached screenshot).
    In the settings I asked it to track my HR through BTHRM. So after running we can tap on "view track" to get the infos. We can check quite a few infos, but not the technical ones (pace, distance, hrm). We can check the speed, but it is expressed in meters per second rather than in kms/h or miles/h. Afterwards, it is possible to export all the data in different formats that can be exploited in different apps, all good.
    The run app finally. I think the number 0 shouldn't have this little bar in the middle as it reduces its readability. I'm never sure wether it's 0 or 8. I have good eyes, but while running that's another business.
    I already expressed my views about what's important and what should be tweakable in the app, maybe another running app is a better option. I won't get the spare time to learn how-to and then code it, but getting rid of cadence and steps and take this space to increase the size of everything else is a great step forward. If we then have the possibility to switch between kms/h andminutes/km, this would be enough for me to put the Garmin back in a drawer. The HR zones during the race/ avg speed so far and so on, it's been discussed. And also a summarize at the end of the run that can be checked. Well, if someone feels like coding this app, I have time for testing and desire to do so.

1 Attachment

• recorder app.png
About

Avatar for Fteacher @Fteacher started