Fteacher

Member since Nov 2021 • Last active Aug 2022
  • 11 conversations
  • 133 comments

I'm an enthusiastic Free and open source software proponent. Not a coder though.
I do sports and plan to find ways to use the bangle.js 2 in running, maybe swimming (I know about water resistance, but there are ways around that).

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

I have to add that the Garmin watch knows my heart rate zones, because I've set them up. So I suspect it exports some extra bits of sorted out data in its .fit files that then appear in Golden Cheetah. My idea was that it would be great if the .gpx format included this too.
    Maybe I'll ask on Golden Cheetah's forum, but I feel like here's the best place to ask and also to report.

• in Bangle.js

The 'Settings -> Utils -> Rewrite Settings` didn't work, so I solved this with a factory reset. Not elegant, but always very efficient. I updated to V15.1, no pb, everything work as expected.

• in Bangle.js

Is anyone using Golden Cheetah program to monitor their results ?
    I was using this software before Banglejs with a Garmin forerunner 220, which records .fit files. It's a proprietary type of file, but I've read that it's well documented. Anyway, with the Garmin files, it was giving me % of time spent in each heart rate zone. With the banglejs, it doesn't, as can be seen in the picture below. Why is that ? Does it have it do with the gpx format ? Shoulud I tweak Golden Cheetah ? The heart rate being recorded every second on every run, I should be able to get that info.

• in Bangle.js

Whereas my banglejs worked pretty ok with latest V14, I decided to update it to V15.
    My time changed to 10 hours earlier (my locale is at UTC +10, and even though this setting didn't change, I mention in case it would be related).
    The screen displayed what's in the picture below. I got back to V14 and I'm having various issues I didn't have before. The BTHRM says that bthrm is disabled (it's on default mode). Also, this app quickly displays 4-5 lines of code when exited. Every action triggers a short apparition of the screen "updating boot 0...". The Pattern launcher doesn't work anymore.
    The screen often display this sign in the bottom >.
    I tried to restart the watch without code, but it didn't help. Any clu e?

• in Bangle.js

I'm delighted to confirm that 2v14.125 works with my bthrm.

• in Bangle.js

Then I got it wrong. I only went into the edge apploader. I'm sure I tried v...89 and v...92. I thought I tried another version, but it seems I have lost track at some point. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

• in Bangle.js

2v14.89 ,2v14.92 and 2v14.94 didn't work for the bthrm. I didn't try the 2v14.91 nor the latest ones

Actions