You are reading a single comment by @myownself and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Mixed activities are not great, they dont make good comparisons. We have to be quite rigid in the testing regime and a range of activties measured seperately AND the activity set needs to be as close a possible the same as the last test.

Actually, I think if we can get the timestamps of when the activity changed this could be very useful as an additional comparison.

1) Walking a 1 mile circuit
    2) Sleeping overnight.
    3) Driving 15 minutes or 30 minutes
    4) Sitting at a Desk for 4 hours typing
    5) General housework.

Running would be another good one. I think you said somewhere in the thread that runners will be more interested in other things, but step detection is important for some of the stats runners are interested in. If we can get the step count right, we can even put in a rougher version of distance if GPS is turned off.

I also liked (or hated) your train journey sample @HughB - I take the train far more often than I drive. I suspect that sample would look very, very different with a higher sampling rate. I'd be interested in more train journey samples if anyone happens to be commuting that way at the moment.

About

Avatar for myownself @myownself started