• Hi everyone,

thanks for all your ideas and suggestions. I read through them and integrated some of them into my Anton clock enhancement proposal. However:

• "Anton clock" is named Anton clock because it uses the Anton bold font for the clock digits. In my opinion, using another font is beyond this watch faces scope. It would need tweaking lots of tiny position adjustments, too.
    • "Anton" and any other special fonts must be rendered explicitly for this app. This increases its size considerably. As not more than one font would be used at the same time, this would be rather a waste of space.
    • The "Anton" fonts included in this watch face do only contain digits and a minimum amount of other characters. Therefore, they cannot be used for much more than presenting the time.
    • Finally, the big advantage of the bold Anton font is ... well ... its boldness. The watch face can be read even if the screen is locked and unlit. The much lighter fonts suggested above do not have this advantage, neither btw. has the built-in Vector font. This bold font is key feature why I like Anton clock so much.

Having said this, I did make the following changes:

• Seconds use a smaller version of the Anton font now. This removes the biggest flaw of my former proposal: The lower widget area is now unobstructed.
    • Colon in front of seconds can be disabled.
    • In seconds mode, date can be shown with weekday instead of year.
    • I use multi-selections in the settings now instead of only booleans. That makes configuration a bit smaller and much clearer as there are no implicit dependencies between options any more.

If you already use the extended version of Anton clock, some settings might be lost due to the settings changes. Just reconfigure them.

The new version is available in my app loader, either as Anton clock 0.04 or as a separate, independent "Anton clock with seconds 0.10". My pull request for the Anton clock 0.04 is still pending (and has been updated accordingly).

Best regards,
    Dirk

About