You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Bangle.off() being able wake from screen tap does that mean its still using power?

Yes, this is actually something on my list to fix. Both that and softOff do actually draw a decent amount of power right now (if you call them with the touchscreen active).

I've just fixed the turn off behaviour, so if you go to the development app loaded and update 'welcome' then when you do the 'turn off and run next' it'll keep the time. https://espruino.github.io/BangleApps/

Do you think I would be possible to make timers and alarms than can wake from softOff?

Maybe but I don't see why you wouldn't just keep your Bangle on? I mean, if you don't want the screen on you can turn the screen off, but right now because of the touchscreen bug, softOff actually draws more power than keeping your Bangle on, and realistically it's never going to draw significantly less than a Bangle running normally, because in order to keep time it's still got the processor on

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started