• So I took the opportunity to go skiing again today.
    I had my Bangle setup fresh and installed the GPS Service widget and BangleRun.
    One observation I made is that when after more than one hour I decided to stop recording the track, turn of the GPS service and started BangleRun again, the app had no GPS signal. I was surprised because I thought that the app would either use the service when available or start GPS itself.
    Given that I had used GPS just before I decided after about one minute that th app apparently needs the service to have GPS active and reactivated it.
    In the end I have one conclusion: There is a GPS fix but it does not update the GPS data.
    I have three logfiles, one from January 28th and two from today, all are attached. They show that the position GPS service reports is not my actual position (I am not in India but in Germany). My actual position was 50.8103972N, 13.9369142E when I started the logfile "Bangle.js Track banglerun_210131_094218.gpx".
    The position when starting "Bangle.js Track banglerun_210131_120558.gpx" was about 50.8066767N, 13.9229108E (give or take 200m, they do not have winter pictures in the maps app).
    At first glance I cannot see anything obvious as to why the difference. Especially the difference for the longitude are strange.
    Heart rate has been recorded, so apparently BangleRun logs properly.
    I'll go skiing again tomorrow and will remove the GPS service to see if that changes anything. Hopefully we can nail down the issue.

1 Attachment

About