• I had to charge the wach in the field... all I had was a plain USB_x_to_abc cable... In a nutshell: I sacrificed - cut - the USB cable and held with tape the GND and power wires against the charging pads. What about polarity? No worries, if right, the watch reacts / vibrates briefly and the display turns on; if wrong, nothing happens! ;-)

How best to do this? for example:

• take/make a wide stripe of transparent tape, about 4..5 inches long
    • tape the stripe with its back onto a flat surface
    • make two dots - tape-length-wise - next to each other in the middle of the tape - length-wise - and a bit in from the edge - width-wise - onto the wide stripe's sticky side. The distance of the two dots have to have the same distance from each other as the charging pad centers have: 2.5mm / 1/10 inch
    • cut the USB cable
    • get rid of the outer insulation and shielding for a few inches / 5..10cm
    • remove the insulation - a few millimeters / 1/8 of an inch only - and fold the bare power and ground wires (usually red and white)
    • plug the USB cable into the power source and touch withe the power and ground wire the pads to find out the correct placing - remember, it will be reversed position on the tape with the dots
    • UNPLUG the cable from the power source
    • put the wires with their ends on the dots, perpendicular to the stripes length
    • tape a smaller cut stripe of tape over the wires a bit away from the ends to secure the wires on the wide stripe
    • 'unleash' the wide stripe and put it over the back of the watch with the wire ends positioned over the charging pads
    • if the contacts do not reliably touch, tape a small piece of (rubber) foam over the wire ends
    • just make sure nothing else but the pads are touched by the wires - separately, of course
    • plug the USB cable into the power source

I may come up with a simple with a file for a simple charger... you still need the cable....

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started