You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Right now I hope I (or other admins) will be able to apply some sanity to the process.

The issue I've had with hosting stuff elsewhere is there's a really high likelihood that:

• Stuff gets committed that breaks an app and it can take a while to get it fixed
    • An app stops being maintained and some big issue doesn't get fixed.
    • We need to make a change to Bangle.js firmware and then modify all affected apps (as just happened with HID), and would be totally unable to do that if they were in different repos.

This has been an issue with Espruino modules (eg TinyMQTT - there's a bug, I have a fix reported, but it's been sitting there for months waiting to go in).

There are obviously good and bad points for each method.

I think in the case you're thinking about, if there were any complaints then we'd just back out the changes and move them into a separate app. All the history is there so nothing is going to get irreparably lost - and hopefully we'll add a rating system soon so having a bunch of similar apps won't be a big deal. You'll just be able to see which one was the preferred one.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started