• Tue 2020.03.31

'Try stripping your code back until you get just that error'

As I did that, that particular CALLBACK error goes away. Hoping that might give a clue here.

'but it's possible you are executing code on upload'

No, making sure all code lines are within functions. Occurs during runtime setInterval.

'Normally, . . . there'll be a stack trace written to the console'

Well, I guess this isn't normal. A few console.log lines that I expected did occur, then just that output before the next interval ticked off.

'I imagine you modified code such that a callback function caused an error'

Yes, I stripped out all console.log statements within a setWatch under the assumption this was a timing or update to the console delay issue, and I removed any single line comments used for debug notes inside that function, in order to free up JsVars. I find it a bit of a stretch to think it is that one, after doing all that, but the wonderment still exists, how to distinguish.

'sometimes it happens if you Ctrl-C out of a function'

Okay, makes sense, but didn't do that in this case.

Any other ideas, tips, suggestions to narrow down to which of the three? I'll continue to parse clean up, as I have no other right now.

At this point, adding back in console.log statements is the only idea I could come up with. I also noticed that I had 600+ JsVars before I started to run individual functions. As soon as the setWatch was assigned, that dropped down to 47. Did a simple memory check with a text line such as "abcdef..." out to 216 chars. Under the assumption 12 JsVars, that string would use 18 JsVars plus a bit of overhead for the var name and function wrapper. In this case 550 JsVars got used up, somehow. 550 x 12 = 6600 chars! But, there just aren't that many inside any of the setWatch functions.

Does this seem a reasonable (6600 seems exsessive to me) number just creating/adding the setWatch to the environment? Do any called functions inside the setWatch have to be re-added in to that total?

I remember elsewhere (two years ago and can't locate in forum) that 100 JsVars was a minimum needed for execution overhead, plus what ever arrays/vars were in use. To upload, the total number of bytes, times two to allow for unpacking/parsing plus some large margin, divided by 12 or 16 maybe, is a really rough estimate of what has to be on hand before an upload should start. Am I remembering that correctly?

About