• Fri 2020.03.27

I know this is a remaining JSVAR memory issue. I have a rather large app 2300 JSVARs with loads of
    helper logging output.

It ran great until I started altering data sets. I started to notice intermittent errors, so started smattering code with try/catch blocks to see if I could catch errors. Minimal luck.

Today, I have a repeatable situation after an execution of a helper function that writes out ~20 consol.log() statements. A single manual invocation works great. Inside a setInterval however, started getting bizarre errors that are never caught by the try/catch blocks. After performing a dump() I can validate that this error does in fact show that previously defined vars are no longer there.

multiple near redundant lines trimmed for brevity

Uncaught Error: Cannot read property 'update' of undefined
     at line 1145 col 51
    console.log( "  STARTUP:  update:  " + argsStartup.update );

Memory is getting written over. In 'C' it's the dreaded missing null line terminator. Used to malloc heapfree etc.

Using process.memory().free I can determine the amount of JSVARs available before I execute a function, but what is the proper technique to discover a possible memory overrun before it occurs at runtime? Is there a method to know whether a function call is going to require massive memory overhead before the call?

Using a MDBT42Q breakout board

{ "free": 112, "usage": 2388, "total": 2500, "history": 35,

{
      "VERSION": "2v03",
      "GIT_COMMIT": "e77d74f6",
      "BOARD": "MDBT42Q",

About