You are reading a single comment by @user101743 and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • My hardware properly as far as I have tested and also software.

What code is being referred to as there isn't any provided in this thread?

No, I am just using bluez to connect to the Bluetooth and commanding from their which works with other companies BLE. BlueZ is official Linux Bluetooth protocol stack. It is an Open Source project distributed under GNU General Public License (GPL). BlueZ kernel is part of the official Linux kernel since version 2.4.6. This is their official website-http://www.bluez.org/faq/common/

Has the WebIDE been used as a double check?
    How are the Javascript commands being sent to the MDBT42Q?

I have used the webIDE was capable of using usual commands and turning light on and off.

Q1: Are we working with the module or the breakout board?
    What voltage is being applied to power the MDBT42Q?
    Q3: . . . and to which pins, both power and ground?

Yes, the MDBT4Q breakout board. I have applied 5v through usb and checked all pins after I ran gatttool command.

Q4: Which tutorial(s) have been attempted and what were the results?

None. I am trying to implement these for a research as simblee is out of market.

Q5: What was the result of digitalWrite() and pinMode()from post #2 above?
    Q6: What was the result of both examples from post #6 above?

It worked properly with formatting and blinking. But for gattool it wrote something according to the terminal but there was no voltage output in any pin.

Q7: If breakout board, were the LED's able to be illuminated?

Yes.

Q8: If breakout board, what is the voltage at the pin adjacent to D14 labeled 3.3?
    Q9: If breakout board, what is the voltage at the pin adjacent to D7 labeled Vin?

They are according to the manual as 3.3v and 5V.

This is the real problem. After writing I think I was supposed to get a voltage in some pin which I am not.

1 Attachment

• 3rd_espruino.png
About

Avatar for user101743 @user101743 started