You are reading a single comment by @allObjects and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @Robin, code block posting works well when the block is surrounded first by proper triple back ticks as only thing on the line and at the line begin and then empty lines (before starting back ticks and ending back ticks). Tell where this happened, and I will go and fix it. The posts you refer to most likely - with 100% certainty - are not surrounded as described... - either by mistake or just pure laziness... (the header of the post edit widget has a menu button to click which press just every thing fine for the code to be pasted into it.

Just checked all my posts since begin of this year - 2019/1/1 - (where all this work with RGB LEDs and Horse Derby Race Display Board stuff happened) and could not find a messed up code block... about 12 weeks... but sure, when I get across, I will fix it.

The forum markup is simple and has limited nesting, especially when related to the special characters... That is to expect, because the text misses the needed formal language elements / symbols to make it clear.

The simplicity is intended and just right to achieve still the complexity as needed. Yep - as you can see with this last phrase w/ multiple nested mark-ups.

For inline markup, adding a blank before the begin marking and after the end marking special char (sequence) and no space after the begin marking and before the end marking special char (sequence) and similar blank lines for the block markup got me always out of the binds and lets me exactly do what I want.

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started