• @TomWS' code goes only after the wire and queries it for how may devices are connected... it has nothing to do yet with the device(s) he's planning connect to the wire or has already connected.

My explanation is that for what ever reason the attached sensor has two ids or detection is messed up.

As far as I know, every setup of single wire with multiple participants and the related CSMA/CA (or CSMA/CD) technique managing it, has ways to discover: Upon a particular devices discovery signal on the (one wire) bus,. devices send - respond - with random delays their ID... and I hope this double thing does not show because of collision. On the other hand, I see that it is only these two IDs that come repeatedly.

Since there is a CRC in the reception, we have to believe that receive information is ok. I assume TomWS uses 3 wires... GND, Signal AND POWER, because there are one wire devices that can power by the parasitic power provided through the 4.7k pull-up resistor (and a local capacitor - local to with or on the device). The protocol sequence is then a bit different, because the signal line has to be high long enough on initial powering and between signaling that (depleted) capacitors can recharge enough to power the device for the next operation...

@TomWs, can you provide a pic of your HW setup?

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started