You are reading a single comment by @fanoush and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • So there is currently no build step to prepopulate storage area from files in some folder and merge it with the hex file? Possibly because I may often not want that as the memory is retained between flashing new espruino version?

I checked gen/jswrapper.c how modules work and what happens with JSMODULESOURCES+=libs/js/SSD1306.min.js part and now I understand.

const char *jswGetBuiltInJSLibrary(const char *name) {
      if (!strcmp(name,"SSD1306")) return "function k(b){b&&(b.he............

So the module is simple string that gets parsed when require(string) is called. And then some function inside the module is just a variable pointing to its javascript source stored directly inside that module string in flash. And when called it is interpreted directly from flash memory.

BTW, maybe I have figured our battery voltage level. Looks like the D2 pin that gets high when charging can be read as analog value. And D3 too. So when I do vmult=5/analogRead(D2) when charging, then with vmult*analogRead(D3) any time later I get some sensible number like 4.2 that goes down a bit with time. Over night it went down to 4.0 with serial console atteched.

Also the Web IDE is very cool, I opened it on android tablet directly from the link (with Samsung Internet browser) and I could connect to the watch over bluetooth. The console is a bit slower than serial when going up in history and editing the line but it is still quite usable :-) This is so polished. Really good stuff.

And I got very simple watch like functionality (press button to show time for 5 seconds) with short code like

function mydrawfunction(){
    if (BTN1.read()) {
      g.on();g.drawText(new Date,0,12);g.flip();
      setTimeout(function(){g.off()},5000);
    }
    }
    setWatch(mydrawfuntion,BTN1,true);

coded directly in the console. I wonder how long it would take to do this with Arduino C code :-)

About

Avatar for fanoush @fanoush started