• Hi @Robin, let me share how I do it when there are more than one file to add or to change.

So let do an example for EspruinoDocs.

• you can use git command tool or GitHub Desktop it's up to you

• clone EspruinoDocs to your local filesystem into directory EspruinoDocs

git clone https://github.com/espruino/EspruinoDocs­.git

• than create a branch for your changes with a suitable name so Gordon can identify what is inside

git checkout -b Your_Brach_Name

• add or change what you like to share

• use git or GitHup Desktop to push your stuff and add some description

• than on GitHub create a pull request and select your branch

• after it has been merged you can delete your branch on GitHub

Please let me know if this works for you.

• Mon 2018.11.05

Thank you @MaBe for your concise and explicit instructions. That detail will serve others as well, when this thread is discovered.

Although I have an online GitHub acct, essentially the order you describe and using a new branch container, is what I am doing.

Viewing the pull request tab at:

https://github.com/espruino/EspruinoDocs­

I don't understand why there are additional multiple files added, and keeps growing, when I create the pull request though. It is possible this is left over litter from months of upload testing I did a year ago, when I had the local module folder debacle. That is the only thing that makes sense.

To clarify:

(sic - ref then) 'than on GitHub create a pull request and select your branch'

Presumably, the pull request is:
        from the espruino\EspruinoDocs side   ?    to allow the branch compare, and to find my forked copy?
    As opposed from my online acct side, as it doesn't appear that the espruino source can be linked to?

I will attempt a local copy of GitHub, should this next attempt fall short.

I have seen your keen interest in matrix Neopixel projects over the last year. Phase III of this deployment intends to add user defined effects to the tutorial (underway as we speak) to show off Espruino's talent and capabilities. My Phase I part is keyed in to just Neopixel strips with effects along with user defined content. I hadn't considered matrix layouts and sure could use your input here.

As Gordon is busy until after this weekend, and I don't have available time until then either, this merge is now delayed week(s) in any event.

Would you like to review/test a quick-start demo code file that incorporates those modules; a'la MaBe StopWatch inspiration, to add your expert advice, constructive criticism, comments of any flavor, as to improve the quick-start file and offer suggestions to improvements, omissions etc. to the overall project . . . . before my final upload to the EspruinoDocs master? I have verbose comments included and JSDoc function header .html to go with that.

My overall goal is to include some matrix flavor enhancements, down the road in Phase III, and it just might be that, as you have a 'wealth of insight' (e.g. read into - snippets, code examples, etc) to add here. Honestly, I really don't have an inkling to dink with the matrix stuff, just doesn't impress me at the moment. Would love to hear your take on this objective also.

Robin

About