You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Nordic has lots of resources on this - it's their bootloader. For instance https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/b/blog/po­sts/getting-started-with-nordics-secure-­dfu-bootloader

Espruino's private key is in the repository which means that anyone can create a signed over the air update for it - defeating the point somewhat.

However in order to do an update you need physical access to the device, and if you have physical access you could just reflash it via the SWD pins. It's one reason I have resisted allowing you to enter DFU mode without pressing BTN during boot - because that really would be a security issue.

If you're trying to understand this so that you can create secure update zip files for your own devices then I'm happy to do some consultancy work to help out.

Also, you'd asked before about adding microphones. I recently got the MP34DB02 working with the nRF52 for the Nordic Thingy - it's a fully digital mic, so if you hadn't already got something sorted out it could be quite interesting as it's basically a single-chip solution.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started