• Yes, you could do that - you'd have to solder to some of the on-board pads (not just the 0.1") to get enough pins to connect to the SD card though I think - and the SD cards actually draw quite a bit of power if I recall so you might need to swap to external power.

You could look at using one of the original Espruino boards: http://www.espruino.com/EspruinoBoard

Those have the circuitry to allow them to be powered from LiPo batteries, they have a micro SD card slot, and place to solder a Bluetooth module on too.

The Bluetooth won't be the same - the usual one to use is the HC-05 or HC-06. They're classic Bluetooth UART devices which won't work on iPhone, but do work really well with Android, Mac, PC, etc. They also draw quite a bit more power (30mA) but there are some things you can do to reduce that, and you might be able to send a command to turn it off apart from when a button was pressed.

Even so if you were powering it off a ~150mA solar panel I imagine you'd have bags of free power to keep Bluetooth active.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started