You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Wow! There's some great stuff here!

@Joakim nice idea! Also, really fun to see it painted :)

I wonder if you could just set up a shortcut key on the Mac, and then turn the Puck into a BLE HID Keyboard that did that shortcut? It'd mean you didn't need node running (but at the moment a constant BLE connection would use up the battery faster).

@Tobi @Fisu I love those reaction testers :) I wonder if you could use Eddystone or NFC to broadcast your score in the form of a URL?

@thedamos @allObjects yes, the light detection uses the red LED. I go to some lengths to try and make sure you still get the same light readings even if you'd previously turned the red LED on - however there was never any code in there to cope with what happened if you used PWM on it while reading the light, and that could have caused some issues?

I love the night light idea though. It's just nice and simple. You might find the battery doesn't last too long though - with the red LED on you're looking at ~100 hours I think.

@benddennis nice compass! I guess one option would be to auto-calibrate (store the maximum + minimum compass readings and then subtract the center reading). It'd get confused if you took it near a magnet, but I guess the button could re-start the calibration.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started