EspruinoHub on an Odroid XU4

Posted on
  • I like Odroids because they are fast and cheap, though not as cheap as the RPi. I mostly just followed the directions for installing the hub on a RPi. Everything was looking good on the XU4 but when I tried to start the hub I got a screen full of errors.

So I said 'ok', went and dusted off a RPi 2 and loaded everything up there. This time the startup was fine and the EspruinoHub was working fine.

Went back to the XU4 and looked at those errors again. Despite looking like a crash with a bunch of uncaught errors, the basic problem really was 'unable to connect to mqtt', and 'not authorized'. The problem was that unlike the RPi, the mosquitto server for Ubuntu by default does not allow anonymous connections. So I changed the config to allow anonymous and now the hub works perfectly.

Tl;Dr - EspruinoHub works great on Odroid and Ubuntu. Just need to allow anonymous to mosquitto

• Great! Thanks for letting us know!

Any chance you could give us a Pull request on GitHub with a note about how to change the Mosquitto server's config?

• I'm afraid I'm not much of a GitHub user. I have an account is about all. But in short (on Ubuntu) simply edit the file /etc/mosquitto/conf.d/local.conf and set allow_anonymous to true.

• ok, thanks :) Just done

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

EspruinoHub on an Odroid XU4

Posted by Avatar for dklinkman @dklinkman

Actions