• Now I see the problem: I followed the links and landed on espruino.com/Web+IDE from espruino.com/Puck.js+Quick+Start#windows­. For some reason the embedded YouTube video doesn't show up for me, so because of the big white space I thought the page was over. Should have checked the scroll bar...
    I assumed "native" referred to a specific Chrome app since I have some Chrome apps that can access native features, like USB devices.
    Perhaps it would be a good idea to change the link on the /Puck.js+Quick+Start#windows to /Web+IDE#as-a-native-application

Now I've installed the correct native app and paired the device (Button is called "Pair" in Windows 10, no longer "Connect" as in the instructions) it works.

Thanks for the help.
    I've created 2 Pull Requests on GitHub to address the two points in the docs that confused me.

One last confusing point is that the native app is still referred to as "Web IDE". I understand it's probably the exact same thing in an app shell (like Electron). But seeing as there are 3 versions of the Web IDE right now (online, Chrome app and native) you might consider more using specific names where appropriate.

About

Avatar for Thomas @Thomas started