You are reading a single comment by @allObjects and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @CanyonCasa, thanks being so gentle with couple typos... it was more heaps of... anyway...

I had't the opportunity to do much node.js... I'm still heavily involved in all other server technologies, even though JavaScript is my primary choice of language / environment - because it reminds me the most of Smalltalk where everything is an object, hence my forum ID. The last Smalltalk VM's I worked with had JITs that took care of compiling it to machine code beyond byte code and took at the same time care of the primitives (which from my language point of view was one of the very bad things Java introduced from the beginning and only lately added auto conversion for). Client-side I did a lot with emerging JavaScript frameworks and did also demanding Single Page Apps. - I just loved st and am still grateful that it kicked my brain b..t to grok oo and bringing relieve to finally do oo without having just to emulate it (with structured language). Another great thing I liked the very helpful method signature pattern that finally got away with the noise of introduced by the gazillions of parenthesis and commas that C - and practically every other language - still hangs on to... not to talk about the cluttering getter and setter verbosity.

I'm looking forward to hear more from your experience in the forum to pair up the Espruino and node.js worlds, especially when it comes to servers participate in the 'game'.

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started