You are reading a single comment by @artag and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I received 2 pucks today, tried out the first one. After updating bluez it worked as advertised. Impressed ! No problems connecting.

Then I applied the 1.89 update. After doing that, it at first wouldn't connect from the IDE. After a couple of retries, it was OK.

I updated the second puck without first trying it on the old firmware. Afterwards, I found it really difficult to connect - took several tries, and although sending code always seemed to work, the console often got stuck and wouldn't echo. I tried reverting to 1.88 firmware but it wasn't improved, possibly worse - It does occasionally connect and will then accept code, but it ignores the console and doesn't print the banner so I'm not entirely sure whether the 1.88 firmware was written.

I then returned to the first puck to see if that was working. It seemed fine at first, but after I saved the code (blink example) I couldn't reconnect to the device. It always runs the blink code and I always get 'connection failed'.

About