artag

Member since Dec 2016 • Last active Dec 2016
  • 1 conversations
  • 5 comments

Most recent activity

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

What would you suggest as the most reliable host BLE implementation ? I'd like to have a 'known reliable' setup to benchmark against, if possible.

• 5 comments

I tried holding down the button and inserting the battery, stopping the application from running. This got me a connection, I saved the blank code, and stopped it running on startup. But the console connection is still very poor - it seems to hang after a few seconds.

My host machine is running 64 bit Debian 8 with Bluez 5.43 and Chrome54.0.2840.71 (64-bit)

I do have various serial and SWI devices around that I can connect if useful, also a Nordic dev board.

I received 2 pucks today, tried out the first one. After updating bluez it worked as advertised. Impressed ! No problems connecting.

Then I applied the 1.89 update. After doing that, it at first wouldn't connect from the IDE. After a couple of retries, it was OK.

I updated the second puck without first trying it on the old firmware. Afterwards, I found it really difficult to connect - took several tries, and although sending code always seemed to work, the console often got stuck and wouldn't echo. I tried reverting to 1.88 firmware but it wasn't improved, possibly worse - It does occasionally connect and will then accept code, but it ignores the console and doesn't print the banner so I'm not entirely sure whether the 1.88 firmware was written.

I then returned to the first puck to see if that was working. It seemed fine at first, but after I saved the code (blink example) I couldn't reconnect to the device. It always runs the blink code and I always get 'connection failed'.

Thanks, I'm fine with driving them, it's where to connect them. Are all the pins capable of PWM, analog in etc. ? I suppose I could experiment but I like cold, hard, data :)

re: H-bridges - the large boards used by Arduino projects may be OK, but for the small devices that might get used with the Puck, I want something miniature. I recently came across the L9110S devices from China : typically packaged on a PCB as two full h-bridges at 0.8A for as little as £1 on ebay. Perfect for a little robot.

I'm looking for hardware information : I want to drive some motors from my puck.js. (Yes, I know I can't drive them directly off the pins).
    Perhaps also connect i2c or analog devices.

Where can I find schematics, please ?

Actions