You are reading a single comment by @stephaneAG and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Back :)

With Fritzing - there's a part editor built in ..

All right for Fritzing, I'll DL the latest version & follow the tut to using the parts editor & making the necessary changes ;)
    Nb: while I'm pretty satisfied of my Illu, it's not as precise as I'd have liked ( ex: the placement of the outside pinouts )
    Nb2: I just did the footprint ( SMD version ) of the Pico in 123DCircuits, hosted here 2174315-espruino-pico-rev-1-4-smd-footpr­int - would you tell me it it's precise enough ?
    Nb3: As i did the footprint from the SVG found in the Espruino boards repo for Fritzing, I realized while duplicating the measurements that there were not all equal ( on the right side of the footprint, the pads have a X the differs for A4:38,903 | A3:380,892 | A2->B8:38,894 => I chose to use the latter, but feel free to tell me which to update the Fritzing SVG with ;) )

when selecting audio serial, then clicking on the connect button, wouldn't it be logical to be shown a jack icon instead of a usb one ?

All right the, I'll see which pretty jack icon I can find & adapt/create one with the correct dimensions :)

separate LHS icon ..

Agreed ( nb: don't know what is 'LHS' ? ^^): having the port/connection & the peripheral name + icon is neat :D

SVG of the connected board in the prefs menu ..

^^ I was thinking at first about the pinouts of a board, represented visually, & maybe with filters that can be used to 50% opacity other than PWM, ADC, ..
    About the "visual pin feedback", yes, it'd indeed be done via a Serial msg callback to the laptop ( or maybe just when doing stuff to a pin, whatever if an actual physical is connected or not - in other words, changes of a pin state in code 'd be reflected visually on the SVG, be them forwarded/actually running or not on the Pico .. plus I'd love to see realtime canvas graphs of PWM activity of some pins, just like AST helps to visualize sounds thx to the WebAudioAPI ;) )

if you were emulating it then yes, that's be cool, and easier.

Indeed easier ;p
    Still, I'll have to see how to keep the same code for the simulated lower level stuff ( ..), but it'd surely be pretty neat :)

using an up to date firmware on Espruino

I guess I'll retry by updating using my laptop @ then checking with OS X ..
    Thing is: I could do stuff normally before messing with my Electron & NodeJS install, & I still can connect to the Espruino using a term or even the Arduino IDE's console: just not any chrome packaged app that used to allow serial communication :/
    ( I also wonder if it's indeed my mess that screwed up the thing, or the fact that I can't get chrome updates no more on 10.6.8 - result being the same: no serial comm in any chrome app, although I can't remember if I succeded with an old chrome app & an arduino peripheral => I'll try your suggestion , & re-test that nayway to make sure of the result ( .. ) )

(even if the bootloader doesn't).

What do you mean by that ? :)

window.PIN

I was referring to "unnecessary poluting" the window namespace/scope ( ex: in a browser -> js console ) to be able to pass refs to pin as objects ( like doStuff(PIN) - implicitely doStuff(window.PIN) ) instead of just being able to pass PIN names strings ( like doStuff( 'PIN' ) ) or pass the parent obj ( like doStuff(board.PIN) or doStuff(board['PIN']) ) )

Espruino has all the pin stuff abstracted away, so it'd just be a matter of writing a stub that does whatever ..

Cool, so even a quick & dirty simu 'd be feasable )

bit of knowledge of emscripten to get it running nicely, and I'm a bit too busy at the moment to learn how to do it.

Haha, agreed & understood ! ^^
    I didn't have time yet to try emscripten ( although I heard about it, as well as NaCl & Cie ? ), so it'd be the occasion to learn a little bit about it ;)
    I did do a quick search right after seeing your post, which led me to the followings ( as a reminder for later or a skilled individual were to leave some hints on the subject .. )
    https://github.com/google/pepper.js/wiki­/Development
    http://flohofwoe.blogspot.fr/2013/01/mul­tithreading-in-emscripten-with-html5.htm­l
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/­emscripten-discuss/gQQRjajQ6iY

I'll post the Espruino Original final SVG as soon as I get it done, & 'll follow by updating the Fritzing stuff & digg that tut' ;)

Cheers +

About

Avatar for stephaneAG @stephaneAG started