• Hi Gordon,
    I'm running 1v85 using the WebIDE. The ESP8266 AT reply is as follows.
    1v85 Copyright 2016 G.Williams

echo(0);
    =undefined
    ""
    "AT+GMR\r\r\nAT version:0.40.0.0(Aug 8 2015 14:45:58)\r\nSDK version:1.3.0\r\nAi-Thinker Technology Co.,Ltd.\r\nBuild:1.3.0.2 Sep 11 2015 11:48:04\r\nOK\r\n"
    ")m\xE9M\xAAK\xF8"
    Done!

One thing I've tried to troubleshoot the POST problem is to use a
    serial.on('data') to grab everything coming from the client.
    I get the POST header followed by the POST message. The client is sending it all.
    A req.read() gets the POST message with varying results. About 1 in 7 tries I get the whole message. The req.on('data') just isn't working and should have fixed the problem. I'm open to suggestions including a bifocal error on my part. If needed I can run some diagnostics and post them.

I set out to modify a program I used on Android using SL4A that reads analog inputs and plots them on a strip chart on the client. It makes use of the Flot graphics. The HTML loads a Flot JS file which is rather large even in minified form.

http://www.flotcharts.org/

I stubbed the Android calls in the HTML program, put the HTML and Flot JS files on the SD card. It runs but takes several minutes to load at 115k Baud. I've yet to try loading the Flot JS file from the client side which should speed up the loading. Otherwise it's create a light version of a strip chart.

About