• Hi there,

I encountered Espruino Pico let still draw from 3.3V or VBAT when in deep sleep mode.
    I was running low of battery after even 10days with my sensor (vegatronix moisture sensor) connected to either 3.3V or VBAT. Even I prove with the USB serial the most time the pico has been in deep sleep mode. I was only able to connect to USB serial, when the power was back.

Is this really the behavior of pico not shut down 3.3V or VBAT while in deep sleep mode? ... letting anything that is connected to these pins, will draw power?

As I workaround:
    I would like to put a transistor before that sensor, and put 1 to the base, and after that signal gives a current to that sensor I read from that sensors pin on another Pico pin. This already worked quite well with my bluetooth module, wich I drive only once or twice a day for some seconds to connect a base station.

My second question however is how to connect that sensor with. Would it be better to drive it with a second power source to have a stable non-volatile current to be able to read with the pico?

Do I need a resistor at the transistor's base? (with the BLE it works without)
    Has anyone experience with such requirements to be able to read always reliable sensor data?

(it is all a little mixed - I thought I post it alltogether, insteas of having 5 separate threads)

kind regards,
    Alex

About