You are reading a single comment by @profra and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @Gordon

4K7 pull-up
    I doubt you really want this... When pulled down by the MCU it's using almost 1mA (3.3v / 4700 = 0.7mA) to fight against it :)

Surely the resistor can have higher value e.g. 10K but on the other side 0,7mA is 100 times less than avg. consumption of ESP8266 which is in ON state :)
    Frankly said I am using the other mode ... when ESP8266 is permanently switched off (pull-down resistor) and I turn it on at the moment when I need to send some data ... to understand my idea look at the picture... there are 3 options

• Rx -> GND ... ESP8266 NormallyOff
    • Rx -> 3V3 ... ESP8266 NormallyOn
    • Rx -> NC ... On/Off state of ESP8266 is determined by MCU

... and still remains the possibility to generate RESET impulse and save one output of MCU for RESET signal
    ... probably a standard jumper would be too big for your PCB but wouldn't be bad to have this option in the form of 3 holes on the PCB
    ... the resistor on GPIO15 has to be there... GPIO15=MTDO.. if you want to boot from flash then you need pull-down
    ... It is also good to have RESET pin with pull-up resistor because then you can connect together pins RESET and GPIO16 -> generate wake-up signal from deep sleep mode... although I'm not sure if this mode is useful in this configuration (MCU+8266)
    ... You can find good info in the material from Espressif "0B-ESP8266Hardware_User_GuideEN_v1.1.pdf" ...
    ... link http://bbs.espressif.com/viewtopic.php?f­=51&t=818

1 Attachment

• 8266_CH_PD.jpg
About

Avatar for profra @profra started