You are reading a single comment by @stephaneAG and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • All right !
    So I guess I'll feel safe trying with different powering setups including powering both the Pico & the SIM800L module from the 1500mAh battery ;)
    ( anyway, I just added headers to be able to have less short-prone connections than with aligator clips .. if that's what has happened to my Pico's USB :/ )

For the little protection PCB on the batteries, I'm pretty sure it's what's underneath the orange/yellow-ish side, with connected wires & JST connector ;p
    ( see pic for the 2 types of batteries I'll have fun with )

For the breadboard power supply part, I did see some simple one on sparkfun & Cie, but yet never took the time to purchase/build one ( I kinda "borrowed" power from whatever was handy in voltage, before starting to use voltage regulators & other niceties as I was diggin' deeper in the "electronic pandora's box" ;P )

Noted!
    -> I really wondered what was that still_waiting_for_more_infos ^^

On the thread's project status / aside stuff somewhat related:

• I tried the codeurl=.. stuff, that is soooo sweet :D
    • I updated SIM800L with few examples & an API-like ref
    • The schematic yaih was also updated but part of the connections to the SIM800L pins are not tested ( I'm not worried for the SPK+V out pin, more for what expects the MIC +V in pin ) - this part of the circuit is supposed to actually allow two individuals to speak over the phone<->intercom, whoever initiated the call, aka via SMS/Call --> intercom or Ring-pattern --> SMS/Call ^^ )
    • any hint on sending a PDU SMS or at least a HEX/UCS2 Text SMS ? I remember having coded stuff on that a whiiiile ago on Arduino or Android but can't remember on which I had it working / where my snippets hides ! ^^ ( nb: that's a pretty good excuse to digg up some forgotten treasures ;p )

For the SMS/PDU/HEX/UCS2 part, I found this tool pretty useful: smssplit
    This lead me to the following conclusion in terms of writing :)

// this one's easy
    echo -e "\x68\x65\x6c\x6c\x6f\x20\x77\x6f\x72\x6­c\x64"
    // so is this one ..
    echo -e "\x00\x68\x00\x65\x00\x6c\x00\x6c\x00\x6­f\x00\x20\x00\x77\x00\x6f\x00\x72\x00\x6­c\x00\x64"
    // .. hey, I didn't know this one ^^
    echo -e "\u0068\u0065\u006c\u006c\u006f\u0020\u0­077\u006f\u0072\u006c\u0064"

nb: still I don't know [yet] how to write octals in bash :| ..

// not working :/
    echo -e "\357\243\277"
    // 'd correspond to the following
    echo -e "\uF8FF"
     echo -e "\xEF\xA3\xBF"

Hence, I wondered which was the less intensive way of doing str ->hex/unicode or unicode/hex->str ( example usage hexStuff.js )

For the pics:
    3.7V 1200mAh PKCELL LP503562 & 3.7V 150mAh XRT 701723 20151022 20C
    ( I guess the Pico wouldn't last long with the tiniest one if it ever powers up, but I intend to do tests with an ESP8266, why not flashed with Espruino ;p )

Have a nice day +

2 Attachments

• pico_wip2.JPG
    • pico_wip1.jpeg
About

Avatar for stephaneAG @stephaneAG started