You are reading a single comment by @stephaneAG and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • yeah, and we still consider ourselves as "evolved" apes, but less pacific/peace-smart than our hairy cousins ..
    fingers crossed bullshit 'll stop, but we both know, they ain't have a cat to pet to fully embrace peacefullness ( .. )

For the "damn you SIM800L" issue, I don't know how it happened, but yeah, it seems like so -> when plugged in USB to my laptop, the red light keeps being lit.

I just did what you propose, and I could indeed see the light goes off as I was connecting to either a 3.7V 150mAh battery or a bigger 3.7V 1200mAh, and after plugging in USB, I could connect to it on /dev/ttyACM0 & try 1+2 ;)

'Need a confirmation for a dummy-question-of-mine, though: it's ok to have Bat+V to battery +V, Gnd to battery Gnd, and be connected to USB at the same time ( for Rx /Tx ) ?
    I'm pretty new to using batteries in my projects ( yes, true story ;p ), and from what I could read, aside from other things those "3.7V 150mAh 20C batteries" seems, for example, to be most used for powering RC controlled devices motors than uCs ( the "20C" thing ? )

In other words, I don't want to risk the same "shorting 5V to Gnd" using a battery this time ( ' don't want it to be damaged .. or explode :/ )

Anyway, I guess I'll have to work on this Pico with a battery by now, as I really can't replace that diode ;p
    Good news is, I'll order another 1 or 2 to to have them handy [ & support ] ;)

With the AT commands, everything was fine except for the text messages, as even when using ATE0\r\n, they're still being split ( the text content resides after all the other crap ).
    Now, your workaround seems quite useful, as I could use it to partially construct an obj across cb calls:

var SMS = {};
    at.cmd("AT+CMGR=1\r\n", 1000, function cb(d) {
      if (d===undefined) ; // we timed out!
      // d is now the result
      if ( d == "AT+CMGR=1" ) return cb;
      else if ( d.startsWith( "<infos on SMS>" ){
        // populate SMS
        SMS.date = ..
        SMS.senderNum = ..
        return cb;
      }
      else {
        SMS.content = ..
        console.log('AT+CMGR=1 result: ' + SMS);
       }
    });

Also, is the following actually doing something or just a nonsense ? ^^

// ( .. )
    if ( at.isBusy() ) return cb;
    // ( .. )

I'll retry the SMS stuff / updating the wip module in few hours to reflect the tries results, still having a solution to make sure the SIM800L doesn't make the battery explode / burnout Pico stuff 'd be nice to have ( this being said, I actually don't know how I could have those shorted in the 1st place .. )

thanks for the troubleshooting ;p

About

Avatar for stephaneAG @stephaneAG started